Best NHS Scotland use of innovative IT for patient care
This award goes to the NHS Scotland team demonstrating the most innovative product in use within a clinical setting for direct patient care. The product maybe entirely new or a radical redesign of something existing. The Judges were looking for something proven to work in a health board clinical setting, though it may be a pilot stage, and demonstrably bringing benefits to patients.
- Pilot PatientTrack Electronic early warning scores; with Track and Trigger (NHS Fife, Ronnie Monaghan)
- The Learning Arcade (NHS Fife, Norma Clark)
- Access for All – Delivery of the Healthy Outlook health forecasting service in Moray (Moray Community Health & Social Care Partnership, Lorna Bernard)
Best NHS Scotland IT service delivery team
This award went to the NHS Scotland team with an excellent record of delivering services that improve clinicians working lives, enhance patient care and increase efficiency in their own NHS Scotland board. Entrants were judged on evidence of their record, effectiveness of communications to and within their own board clinicians, success in engaging other colleagues across the wider NHS, evidence of fulfilment of service agreements, and lastly examples of service ‘above and beyond the norm’.
- Migration of all NHSFV Acute & Mental Health Services to new-build acute site (NHS Forth Valley, Ann Crowe)
- Implementation of ISO27001 (NHS Fife, Donald Wilson)
- SCI-Diabetes Collaboration (NHS Tayside, Scott Cunningham)
Best NHS Scotland use of Mobile technology in NHS Scotland
This award went to the NHS Scotland team demonstrating best use of mobile technology that helps improve the ways in which clinicians work and the benefits and improvements to patient care. Judges were looking for evidence of benefits they are achieving (eg reduction in errors, savings to the board, improvements to working practices).
- Patient Safety – Hospital@ Night Safe Hand (NHS Dumfries & Galloway, Graham Gault)
- EMRS iOS Apps – (Emergency Medical Retrieval Service, Dr Dave McKean)
- NHS Scotland Digital Television and Mobile Service (NHS 24, Lynne Huckerby)
The awards will be presented at the Health Informatics Scotland Conference 2012 in Glasgow on the 21st of September 2012. You can find out more information at http://hiscotland.info/